White Clay Creek Preserve
White Clay Creek spans two states and so does the adventure! White Clay Creek Preserve is the Pennsylvania side of this expansive park and the activities are endless.
Ride or hike on 3,212 acres of scenic forest, rolling hills, and refreshing water if you’re in the mood for a dip. Or, if you have ever wanted to take up fishing, now is your chance! This creek is stocked!
Gear up for your adventures with rentals from Bay Venture! Whether you want to ride or fish we have you covered.
Favorite Trail Highlights:
- Connects to White Clay Creek State Park in DE
- Stocked rivers for fishing
- Scenic water and forest views, tons of wildlife
- Swim spots to take a dip
Did you know, the White Clay Parks were almost under water? The land was bought originally to create a reservoir but when that fell through the land was donated to create the park you see today!
The PennDel Trail
The PA portion of this trail allows you to travel through almost the entire park and right on into DE. Also great for accessing a number of side trails with beautiful views of the river, wildlife, and
- Access: Parking lot 1 off of London Tract Rd. (Hiking Only) and Park Office Parking lot off Sharpless Rd. (Hike and Bike)
Tri-State Marker Trail
Walk the boarders of 3 different states at one time! This trail gives you access to both the Tri-state Marker showing the connection of Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland and the Arc Corner Monument showing the long disputed connection between Pennsylvania and Delaware.
- Access: Arc Corner Rd Parking Lot off of Chambers Rock Rd., The Nature Center in Delaware or from the PennDel Trail.
Charles Bailey Trail
This beautiful out-and-back trail runs the opposite side of the creek.
- Access: Currently the Bridge on the PA side so access to this trail can be done from the Delaware side by parking at the Park Office off of Thompson Station Rd
- Biking Difficulty: Moderate
Know before you go:
White clay has plenty to trails to choose from! Check the difficulty and get trail descriptions by clicking the links below. Trail conditions can vary from packed gravel to rocky, dirt trails to soft meadow. Make sure you wear supportive footwear and bring plenty of water. These trails are mixed use so watch out for other hikers or bikers.
Let’s Go Adventure: Gear up for your Camp, Bike, or Paddle adventure with Bay Venture
No sweat adventures! Well, at least not while you gear up. Bay Ventures will deliver all your outdoor equipment right to your home, airbnb, or campsite! Or pick it up at our retail shop right in North East, MD. Click below to get started!
Don’t forget to share your adventure! Tag @bayventureoutfitters
Want to upgrade your camera game? Rent a Go-Pro from us!