Do you love the water and being outside? Share the joy of paddlesports by helping to introduce clients to the sport. As a Paddlesports Facilitator for Bay Venture Outfitters, you will help clients learn the sport of kayaking and paddle-boarding by helping them on and off the water, teaching them safety and paddling techniques, and maintaining our equipment, launch, and facilities. You will be outside the majority of the time, monitoring weather, assisting those on the water, on helping to create an incredible experience for our clients!
Bay Venture Outfitters, 104 Church Point Road, North East, MD 21901
This part-time seasonal position requires work primarily on weekends and some weekdays. An approximate schedule is shown below. Approximately 20+ hours per week with designated times of on call availability.
Operational Weekends (April, May)
Operational Full Weeks (Memorial Day – Labor Day)
Operational Weekends (September, October)
Current First Aid and CPR/AED certification
Ability to move equipment in excess of 50lbs.
Ability to provide own transportation.
Current Life Guard Certification or other approved on water rescue certification (ACA or similar)
Ability to work season opening through closing.
Desire to learn and advance in instruction of water sports.
Previous knowledge of water sports.
Clean driving record (if assisting in deliveries).
Maryland Boaters License and on water boating experience.
Overview of Duties
- Staff are responsible for set-up, break-down of Bay Venture daily operation.
- You will welcome and introduce participants to paddling on the North East Creek and River.
- You will offer basic instruction on how to use the equipment as well as teach and enforce safety procedures.
- You will share knowledge of the waters that guest will be paddling, including recommended paddling trails and map explanation.
- Answer telephone to make reservations and answer common questions.
- Fit guests properly for PFDs, paddles, kayaks, and paddleboards.
- Assist returning guests and collect, clean, and sanitize all equipment.
- Assist with equipment maintenance, repairs, and cleaning.
- Assist with onsite maintenance, including cleaning of launch area of debris.
- Display a constant positive attitude toward guests and staff.
- In the event of an emergency you will need to be capable of on water rescue techniques, be able to manage a rescue situation, and have the knowledge to administer first aid.
Salary and Benefits:
Compensation is paid on an hourly basis commensurate with experience.