Summer Adventure Tours for Kids
Bay Venture Outfitters is proud to announce Kids on Kayaks, a series of themed summer adventures geared towards kids that love to be outside and on the water. Each session will incorporate different themes, games, learning, and of course a ton of fun out on the waters of the North East Creek and River! Each weekly session runs from 5-7pm on Thursdays and Fridays allowing you an evening to relax while we provide your child with excellent care and an awesome experience. Below you will find session dates and answers to most questions you may have, if there is something that is not addressed we would love to speak with you to answer any questions that you may have.
- Thursdays and Fridays - 5-7 pm
- $40 per week (both Thursday and Friday sessions)
- $200 For Entire 7 weeks
- 104 W Church Point Rd., North East, MD 21901
- Due to safety Kids on Kayaks will operate weather permitting. In the event of unexpected severe weather we will relocate to a safe area (TBD). In the event of cancelation we will allow your child to make up their session on a week of your choice or offer to exchange your payment for a gift card honored for hourly rentals.
- What to Bring?:
- Bathing Suit and/or comfortable clothing that can get wet
- *Phones and Electronic Devices are not recommended*
- Have your own Kayak?:
- You are more than welcome to bring your own sit-on-top kayak. Sit-inside kayaks are not permitted.
- What do we provide?:
- Life Jackets for anyone over 90 pounds
Please call to register. Fill out waiver by clicking the button below:
- Week 1, June 22nd-23rd: Olympics
- Be an athlete and engage in a variety of sports and games that will promote teamwork and great sportsmanship. By the end of this adventure everyone will go home with a gold.
- Week 2, June 29th-30th: We love the Environment
- Be one with the earth. Learn through games and activities about the different animals that call the North East River their home and how we all impact the natural environment around us.
- Week 3, July 6th-7th: Patriotic
- In honor of the 4th of July, come out and celebrate by playing patriotic themed games and trivia on the kayaks.
- Week 4, July 20th-21st Beach Party
- Use kayaks as a source of transportation to our summer beach party. Paddle up to enjoy the food, drinks, music, and games provided.
- Week 5, July 27th-28th: Pirates
- Arrr you ready to be a pirate! Don your hats and ye' eye patches mate'! Get ready to solve puzzles and read maps. We are taking you on a an expedition for buried treasures and swash buckling adventure!
- Week 6, August 3rd-4th: Scavenger Hunt
- Come out for an epic scavenger hunt created by you! This week you will spend a day designing a scavenger hunt and then the next day completing it on the water.
- Week 7, August 10th-August 11th: Sunset Paddle (Limited Space)
- Grab your family and bring them out for a paddle to enjoy the sunset on the water. Please note that sessions will be from 7-9pm this week.
What time should I drop my child off?
We strongly recommend that you drop your child off between 4:45 and 5pm. A few minutes early goes a long way - instruction will start promptly at 5pm, we want to ensure that your child gets ample time on the water.
How big are the groups? How many instructors will there be?
All groups will range from a minimum of 6 to a maximum of 12. There will always be one to two instructors based on the amount of participants in a given group.
How does a typical session run?
On Thursdays participants will engage in:
- Rules and policies
- Ice breakers and other fun games!
- Overview of the week
- Kayak use and safety
- Demonstrations and water safety
- Paddle practice (on water)
On Fridays participants will engage in:
- Review of Thursday's learning
- Themed activity (mostly water based)
What equipment will my child be using?
All kayaks are Perception Tribe sit-on-top kayaks. They are designed for all ages, are very stable, and are fully closed so that they cannot fill with water even if flipped.